Beat Bot Beat Bot

Awesome Dressup Game!

There should've been more options, but being that it was a rushed little dressup game, it's a damn good one. I made an Iron Man! If you want to see it, its on my userpage.

Magic Pink Man 2 Magic Pink Man 2

Just What I Wanted in a Sequel!

I loved the first MPM, and when I reviewed it, I wrote

"Please I beg of you, make a longer sequel! Maybe expand on the story a bit and add more enemies, but I think the rest of the game should be like the original."

And you did all of that! I loved having more characters to interact with than just bears, cows, gray people, and the green merchant, who I could finally buy things from! By the way, this was probably unintentional, but the evil wizard seems alot like the Ice Wizard from the game in the movie Big. Probably me just being a nerd.

I liked how you improved the quest, adding more items to get and use, but I think you could still take this to a higher level, with a bunch of missions and stuff. Sure, that would be alot of work, and that would take away the retro-ness of it all, but It would be pretty awesome.

Now for a couple of nerd questions about the MPM world.

How did the magic pink man meet the mystic pink girl? Being that the game was a direct continuation of the first one (which I thought was a pretty nifty idea), she would probably have to be exiled from the village before MPM was. That might be a kinda cool prequel idea, either her story or him living in the village. Or maybe he just saw her for the first time, and decided to help her out, one pink abomination helping another.

Whats the story behind the Money-loving Green Merchants (stupid name, yeah, yeah)? Was this the same merchant from the first game? If so, how the hell did he get to the village area before MPM? If he was the same person, I'm assuming he must be an abomination too. If hes a different merchant, why are all merchants green? Are they predetermined at birth for if they're going to be a merchant or not? Or do they become green after becoming merchants?

And whats the Magic (Blue) Magician's deal? I don't want to over analyze such a simple game, so I won't ask about all the giant bosses (loved the sumo's base, by the way), but I have to wonder about the magician.

Overall, wonderful sequel. I'd hate to see this to be the last entry in the MPM universe though. Great music, great opening cutscene, great ideas, and a great game. I still love tipping those cows.

-Rockyace42

AustinBreed responds:

Sweet, thanks dude. And I've never seen Big all the way through, but that's funny. Jeremy Grandorff, who actually did the cutscene at the beginning, designed the basic look for the Magic Magician, so maybe he got the idea from somewhere else.

I really like that prequel idea. Mike and I already had some ideas and recordings for a third MPM, and maybe we could incorporate that somewhere in the plot. The entire idea for this game was equally as absurd as a man who is born pink, and therefore exiled from his home city: It left off from last time where he's just getting out of his homelands to explore, and he sees another "pink-kind." From there his main mission is to rescue her to find out what she's about. Of course, that didn't become the focus of this game, it was mostly just about getting to the Magician and killing him.

The merchants are more like a family, or merchants with the same code. They're basically the entrepreneurs of this small world. So no, it wasn't the same dude.

Yeah, the Magician's motives weren't explained too well in this game. The pink people have some sort of awesome power to touch things and hurt them, so he was trying to capture her and use that power. He was a cool villian for a while- he lived in a cave and had pet ogres and stuff.
The Danger Cat and Dog were owned by the magician and set to just keep track of keys to his cave, so that no one would be able to just walk around.
The Sumo boss was the guard to the secrets of that magic sword, something the Magician was trying to uncover. The Sumo was basically a test before you could just take that sword. At first I wanted to go for an oriential thing, but I decided not to when doing that section.

Thanks for the support!

REPLAYING :the game: REPLAYING :the game:

A Great Sequel!

Well what can I say, it took you a while, but it was well worth it.

I loved the first game, and while this game lacks the shock and awe-someness of the first game, it's still got it's charm. Plus, with more highscore games, achievements, and the awesome level editor, it's definitely a sequel, and not just a bunch of more levels. Loved Epicroll.

Check out some of my levels! And when is the Sharing API coming out? I can't wait for it!

http://pastebin.c a/1733706
http://pastebin.c a/1733701
http://pastebin.c a/1733684

(take out the space in between c and a)

Time Time: Rewound Time Time: Rewound

Nearly Flawless

While this game isn't the best, for what it is and what it tries to do, it's pretty damn good. Lots of fun too.

Magic Pink Man Magic Pink Man

An Awesome start!

While I must admit it was kinda short, I loved the game, with its great humor and oldschool graphics. It kinda reminded me of "Nicholas' Weird Adventure" and "Zelda: Lampshade". Please I beg of you, make a longer sequel! Maybe expand on the story a bit and add more enemies, but I think the rest of the game should be like the original. This has great potential, so keep at it!

AustinBreed responds:

Thanks Rockyace. I got a buddy to help on the next one so that I don't have to do the annoying stuff that I'm lazy at like, like cutscenes and such. It's a lot longer and has multiple chain quests going on.

Tiananmen Square Tiananmen Square

Medal scare?

Hey, I found this under "Games with medals a second ago, I loaded the page, and saw there was a medals available, but after I refreshed the page, the medal section is gone! Same thing with it being under the "Games with medals" section; its gone!

Great April Fools day game, by the way!

Shadow Kar Shadow Kar

Great!!!

I really love the menu music ;)

But seriously, that was a really fun game!

Portal Defenders Portal Defenders

The NG Rumble of 09!

I'm serious. this is one of the greatest games I've ever played. A few bugs, but overall kickass. But why do you have to make such a big deal whenever the player gets hit, with the screen going to white and whatnot? It's great to see an achievement system, and hopefully they'll cathc on. But my achievements aren't displayed yet. Whats up with that? Well, hopefully it's just a tiny bug, whatever. You two truly are the NG dream team now for games.

NG Sketchbook Tour 08 NG Sketchbook Tour 08

Wonderful!

This years tour was amazing! It Just keeps getting better every year! My only complaint is if that you're gonna use Swain for voices, you should at least put him to good use. I preferred last year, which had amusing blockhead-like voices over this year's boring robotic sounding voice that could have been done by anyone.

Luis responds:

yea thats a contraversial choice. I originall had him do voices as the mastermind, but mastermind is such a strong personality that it started to take away from the actual point of the tour which was the art. So I made the concious decision to have the voice just play a lower role and concentrate efforts on the art and the custom animated name intros. I think next year it might be fun to have a new voice actor.. not based on a particular character personality. I dunno. we'll see.

Achievement Unlocked Achievement Unlocked

AWESOME!!!

If only all my Xbox360 games were like this.....

Loved everything about the game!!!

And is this the sequal to Elephant Rave, or did you just throw in the elephant?